Monday, August 10, 2026

Happy Birthday Lucy!

We have a 14 year old! We celebrated the whole weekend for Lucy. Friday she had a couple of friends over for a real slumber party. They had a blast. They were cooking, watching movies, and just being kids. Saturday we all painted pottery and played games (turns out Chris and I make a horrible charades team) and Sunday was filled with lots of shopping! 

Quick random pic of Remy...

For birthdays now, we generally go shopping as both Heidi and Lucy enjoy shopping just as much as getting anything. Since their budget is spent shopping, we typically now get a small little gift to open on their birthday. Lucy in the past has begged us to get a porch goose to dress up. I have always declined. A while ago, I found that they make miniature geese and found a set online. Chris and Heidi didn't believe me that Lucy would love it - and she does! hehe Now she wants lots of clothes for his mini-goose. 


Evidence that Lucy hugged Heidi thanking her for a birthday present.


We have tried about every Saturday morning to throw some cartoons on the TV and I'm liking our little watch time. Even Heidi will watch an episode or two. 


Heidi trying a headstand. She did eventually get it, but hilarious to watch. 

Saturday was painting and this was Chris' first time painting pottery. He was SO happy and SO proud and we were laughing so hard. He painted his little marshmallow smore and literally took like 20 photos of it.  I can't wait to pick up these pieces in a week!

Some slumber party pics...

Chris and I hiding in the basement... 

Another random Remy pic - he likes to block vents with his body. 


Our 14 year old!!!


Opening her "haul" from shopping with her birthday money. 

While Lucy and I shopped - Chris and Heidi golfed and had their father-daughter time. 


Lucy's little photo shoot. 

Cooking without someone seeing, another person without hearing and another person without talking. Really funny. 



It was a great, fun, weekend and Lucy felt loved! Happy Birthday Lucy!