It was a normal weekend for us. Some errands, some volleyball, watched sports, and just relaxed. Heidi sent us some photos from school, well those of her nighttime activities. ha. She is doing really well. She loves her classes, has figured out her schedule and when to study etc and then also making lots of friends too. We are so happy she is loving college and settling in.
This week was back to school, where we met all the teachers and the school reminds us of all the rules and processes for things. We have figured out that this is our 14th year at this school and we mainly went to it to show support and hang out with the other parents. For the students that have been at the school for the entire time, they had their old Kindergarten random picture up, which was adorable!
Saturday, Lucy had to use her Target gift card from her birthday (thanks Uncle Bob & Aunt Lauren) and bought some more fun things as well as we decided to all get a lego set to complete. On a funny note, Lucy and I stayed together shopping while Chris ran to another part of the store to get what he wanted. I guess he proceeded to make a couple laps of the store trying to find us, so much that a Target worker asked is he needed help. hahahahaha. Yes - we all had our phones on us and he just didn't try calling or texting yet. They all had a good laugh once I claimed him again in the aisle. He was disapppinted in himself for not playing into it more and getting them to make an annoucement about a lost adult. I would have killed him.
For Lego, I bought the cute Lotso Hugging Bear, Lucy got this great Tree/Flower set and Chris got the car from Back to the Future, the Delorean.
Rizzo helping me sort laundry.
Reminder Chris being excited about the pottery he painted? Well, I finally picked it up and he was even more excited. The worker remembered Chris when she picked up the little smore and goes: "Oh yeah, I remember you guys, he was REALLY proud of this" hahahahahaha
We ended our weekend with a little CYO volleyball. The team played...hot and cold. Lucy did well but sometimes its really hard to motivate an 8th grade team through it. We have a few players, like Lucy who want to play, keep their energy up, chase after the ball, lots of saves, play scrappy if needed, yes make mistakes, but WANT to do better and try hard... theeeeennnn we have a group of 8th graders that could not be motivated by anything and their attitude is poopy. Their feet might actually be glued to the floor. Lucy is still having fun and learning. I'm going to try to make these last few weeks of CYO volleyball fun and hope we end on a high note!