Tuesday, August 18, 2009

d.r.U.N.K. Weekend...


Look a blog not about Heidi… I know, I know… hard to believe….
This weekend was the big alumni reunion in good ole Kearney Nebraska. A very large group of friends, acquaintances and significant others made their way to UNK – I don’t know the final count of people – I just know we filled entire bars!
It was crazy fun to say the least – thankfully my friends took a few good pictures to help recap the reunion…
Friday was the excited, hyper night filled with a lot of talking – enough to lose my voice and drink enough to want to swear off the stuff. I think the night ended with Amigos, my husband carrying Anisa out of the car – she had a dress on – no flashing here and a lot of water!
On Saturday we went bowling with a small group of friends – I behaved myself being I had a cold and wanted to save energy for the evening – some other people – we’ll use aliases to protect them – Gonzo, Ughs, Neecie, Bear….and Val – decided to drink for 14 hours straight – that’s real talent and I’m proud. Thank god Kearney has cabs for $1.00 a person!
Saturday night ended with us taking over the Backlot and dancing like no one was watching – we all know I’m the best dancer in the world – (embarrassing) – but I’m still sore – especially when I raise my hands in the air and wiggle my butt – wow – I’m talented…
I ate more Amigos than I have in 10 years, but for some reason a soft taco still sounds good.
You know you’re getting old when…
  1. After a big night of partying with old buddies – you still wake up at 6 am
  2. You actually want to shower and can’t imagine hanging out all day greasy
  3. You’re willing to spend $40 on Amigos because you know it will make you feel better instead of back in college you would save $2 for chips and cheese
  4. You come prepared with headache meds, Gatorade and plenty of snacks to help you get over the pain
  5. You can’t even consider going to afterhours
  6. You dance for two hours and end up sore for three days

Thank you to all my friends who made a very memorial weekend – you can’t spell drunk without UNK! GO LOPERS!