Monday, January 9, 2012

2012

Sorry for the hiatus! I have been really bad about taking pictures lately...like for instance...Grandpa and Nana came in town for a visit - we had a blast and um - I didn't take any pictures except for a couple on the last night. Yep - I'm awesome. Here are Heidi and Grandpa making Grandpa's delicious twice baked potatoes! 

It was really great to have them in town! We miss them already!

Now we didn't get as nice as weather as Omaha got - as I have been hearing and trying not to be jealous - but it was STILL nice for Ohio. We were able to head to the zoo this weekend. A big difference between the Omaha zoo and Cleveland zoo - the lack of indoor attractions. There are a couple, but the Omaha zoo you can truly visit year round and still have plenty to see. Cleveland...um not so much... But at least we were able to see some animals.
The Cleveland zoo elephant exhibit is really nice - heck the elephant way on the end is from Omaha. :) It was nice to see all the elephants all in a row and you can get rather close to them too. Heidi loves it.

 If you look closely - its actually a mama and baby koala!

I was just happy to be able to be outdoors and not freeze! Let's hope the snow holds off a little longer. I have already had to shovel once and once is enough for me! :)

We decided to hang out at home on Sunday and make some cookies! Heidi helped the whole way - she poured in the flour mixture, tasted the dough (no worries - no eggs in these cookies) and help cover them in powdered sugar. I don't know the exact name of the cookies - the recipe called them snow balls - works for me. As you can tell - Heidi was very excited to bake!

My goal is to take more pictures through out the week - but we will see how it goes :) Until next time...