Monday, June 4, 2018

Summer Begins and Dave Matthews Band!

We have a 5th grader! Heidi finished out school and is now ready for 5th grade! Summer has begun!


We celebrated the start of summer with some ice cream!


Plus the weather is finally nice too! Lots of time outside already!


Chris and I had a date night and went to the Dave Matthews Band concert! It was a beautiful day! The Jeep was perfect for the event. :)


So we had an interesting/amazing thing happen at the concert. We had great seats - just a couple rows from the box seats and the pit. During the concert, a gentleman with credentials on came a stood in front of us - holding a computer/tablet thing. It was like he was controlling a teleprompter or something. I was checking out his screen and watched him choose the next song to play. A few minutes later - Dave started playing the song he picked. I'm like hitting Chris going - dude - who is that... He is choosing songs... We all enjoyed the song and I was watching him scroll through and pick the next song too! By this time, we had made eye contact and of course - dorky me - I made a joke - I'm watching you move and we were laughing. He hung out for a few more songs and then - gave a high five. When he walked away - some people came up to us - asking if we knew who he was... of course - nope. Turns out - he was Dave Matthew's vocal coach and more or less the director of the concert. We were like - that's amazing!

But... the concert goes on - Dave is playing during his encore... and I see the same guy walk up the aisle towards me. He then proceeds to hand me the official song list! It gets printed once and he gave it to me!!! I could not have been more blown away! Amazing moment for sure!


 Sunday - we went and ordered Heidi's birthday present and had a good family day!


We have a BIG weekend coming up! We are super excited!!! :)