Monday, May 11, 2020

Week 9 I believe!

The twilight zone continues...  We have gotten into a decent routine of school work, work, taking walk etc. The teachers are trying to change it up and encourage different behavior - like Lucy had to read outside for 20 minutes and Heidi had to jog 4 miles outside.


We have figured out on our treadmill how to do google street maps of places like Epcot and Magic Kingdom. It isn't video but the picture change every second or two. The best part is the incline changes too. Nothing like preparing for our one day return to Disney but actually walking Disney every day!


I bought a tennis ball gun for Remy and he loves it. Heidi was firing it in the backyard and Remy was having the time of his life.

 He was exhausted after playing


Chris is finally done with his Jeep. He got new tires and rims awhile a go and finally got the lift installed. Don't worry, I can still get in.


I mentioned to Heidi that I don't have enough pictures of her... so she decided to take some joke selfies with my camera...

To entertain ourselves, we have been Disney pin trading around the house. It has been fun and it has motivated the girls to do more housework to earn trades. We should have thought of this sooner!


Keeping up with trying to entertain ourselves, we decided to teach the girls um...water pong... It was actually quite fun and the girls got good at it!


We have had this old gnome since our first house in Omaha. It was weathered and basically colorless. Funny story... I bought paint online and I TOTALLY missed the part it said it was metallic. Whoops. So now we have our disco gnome... It is BRIGHT! I painted it on Mother's Day to give me something to do!


I wanted a nice group shot for Mother's Day... this is what I got.



 Lucy selfie

We enjoyed the Disney sing-a-long that they aired last night. Lucy changed her outfit like 50 times.


For Mother's Day - the girls decided they were going to go through Lucy's clothes and determine what are too big and too small and get everything organized. I think that lasted 5 minutes. This picture is what I'm working in today... its going to be awhile...



I'm having issues posting the video but Lucy did her class talent show and was really debating what to do. Of course fellow classmates did dance or gymnastics or painting etc and Lucy just didn't know what her talent was. I said - Lucy - you just perform. You be you... somehow that translated into a stuffed animal/dance performance of What Does the Fox Say... this kid is amazing.



School is almost done! This week and next and I can't wait to not have to do distance learning! Our state isn't opening up fully yet, but we aren't ready to get out there yet either. Hopefully everyone is safe!