Monday, August 4, 2008

To Go or Not to Go...

Go Indians! MSHS

My 10 year high school reunion is coming up in September and I’m on the fence for going. Chris is out. He has absolutely no desire to go. We didn’t go to his last year and he is not coming to mine. I’m not going to force him either, why would you want to go to someplace where you barely know anyone and watch your wife run around saying hi. It’s a solo mission…

This past weekend, Val attended her reunion and had a blast, but she went to a smaller school and I think overall liked high school better than me. I said I would ONLY go if Anne would come with me and she’ll be 8 and ½ months pregnant – so my partner in crime may be out.

They created an evite, which is nice so you can sort of tell who is going. So far…mainly girls. The funny thing is, I will come to a decision and decide not to go and my dumb luck, I run into one of the girls planning it. Like we went to church yesterday and Kim Scarborough happened to sit next to us. I know she is one of them that is planning and its not like I have anything against her or any of the girls, but seeing her just makes me feel guilty like I should go.

Then I have another good friend Ali who attended hers and said she had mixed reactions. Based on her experience, I wouldn’t want to go. Even my mom mentioned that the 10 year probably won’t be as fun as future ones. It tends to be in the same cliques as high school and no matter how much you have changed, everyone resorts back to their old ways.

At least they are doing it right. It’s at a bar with keg beer and pizza. If it was some fancy thing – hell to the no would I go. So it’s at a place I know I would have fun, its only $30 and maybe it would be nice to see some people…. So it’s in the air…