Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Weekend Fun...

We had a little change of pace this last weekend...Chris went to San Diego for work, I stayed here and earned a new roommate...Val. Well I should say I kidnapped Val - she got really good at lifting that carrier with Heidi in it. We ran all over town doing everything from shopping to family dinners - I think we even played some rockband in there. And yes - of COURSE we ate Mings, duh - Mings is really a food group - a food group of YUMMY! Check out her blog - The Wanna Be Red Head - its entertaining...

Here is a picture provide by Aunt Carmen. Its Chris and Carmen site seeing in San Diego - she took him everywhere! Thank you Carmen for being a great tour guide to Chris - I know he appreciated it! I think his feet were a little sore from all the walking!!!

Last week was COLD - VERY COLD - I think we hit NEGATIVE 30 - for all those not living in the Midwest - you can become jealous now. We bundled Heidi up before daycare and she could barely fit in her car seat - but at least she was still happy. Oh, for the record, its suppose to be like 45 degrees tomorrow - damn Nebraska - can't ever make up its mind on the weather.

It continues to be playtime 24/7 here for Heidi - she is all over the house - I wish the boys would learn to put their toys away - we have had some close calls and well...Heidi has won a few races to the dog toys - gross. Her new favorite thing is to ride around in the kitchen on her Chicco car - I wonder if I can turn pushing her into a workout routine?


Heidi loves it when you play airplane and then swing her down - I think she has inherited my flexibility - sometimes I already see her doing the splits - I know babies are more flexible - but is it normal to have a contortionist?

Last night I ran by Anne and Dean's to see Ayla - she is such a cutie - we tried to get a picture of the two together - but Heidi wanted to be on the move instead and I think I was scaring Ayla with my camera - here is the ONLY picture I manage to take a split second before Heidi was off to explore.