Thursday, April 1, 2010

A Perfect 30

Yep...I'm officially 30... let's recap the last two weeks...

First I had the lovely Christina Kahler take some goofy pictures of me for a game during my birthday party... It was fun and yes I'm a dork - but they turned out great!

Next I had my awesome party - hehe - we had happy hour at our house and then loaded onto a bus to go tour the old Millard bars... game was - based on what picture you had of me - it determined what goofy thing you had to do - for example - if I was jumping in a picture - for the next bar you could not make any right hand turns... classy I know... let's just say one of the things was having to carry around a "prop" which your choices were:
  • A Snuggie
  • A Sombrero
  • Saint Patty's Day Gear
  • A Hulk Hand
  • My favorite...A Baby Doll...

A big thank you to all the friends and family for making it such a fun evening and for being good sports with us!

Please notice my friend Gina holding a baby - don't worry its fake and I think the baby ended the night with a beer and a cigarette... classy!

I found another birthday girl in the bar - I asked her age - she said 22 - my response was BLEEP you...I'm thirty... for the record - she thought I was smiling... :)

Only an old bar in Millard would have a WORKING telephone booth...yikes...

I don't know this lady - just that she had fire red hair, wanted to come on the bus and adored Tone...I think it was the hat...

This is my only picture of the bus that wasn't blurry - maybe I shouldn't try to take pictures as it is moving...

My Co-worker, Minna decided to decorate my half of the office for my 30th - I think she did a pretty nice job - I guess its payback from when I saran wrapped her office - hehe

So now I'm thirty - so on my ACTUAL birthday - we decided to go to the zoo - which was perfect in my mind! We tried out our new wagon and it was so fantastic compared to a stroller - LOVE IT!

Random Heidi pictures...

Our traditional weekend breakfast - we all love it!

Easter is coming up - so I'm sure I will take plenty of pictures! My job tonight was to hide the Easter eggs in my basement for tomorrow for my mom and gang... conversation of tonight... My mom hands me a bag of filled Easter eggs...

Babs: "I hope we have enough"

Me: "Um, this bag is huge and its just Blake, Heidi and Kendall"

Babs: "Okay, if you're sure"

Meantime - I go home, count them (you know to make sure you don't miss any and find it three years later) - then call up Babs...

Me: "Hey mom, um, I think we have enough...there are 78"

Babs: Snort...laugh..."okay I think that's enough..."

Love it... Here are a few before pictures...

PS - Chris got me a new tiny camera for my birthday and this was the first picture on it... I didn't take it ha!