Monday, February 27, 2012

Ooo-Fah 15 Weeks and Name Writing

I don't have a ton of pictures to share this week - I have been hit with the my first cold - my head is full and I was completely down all Saturday and part of Sunday. I'm feeling better today - but I forget how much it sucks to be sick and pregnant - not much you can do... Anyways... The only pictures I took this week is of Heidi's practice of writing her name. We had our parent teacher conferences with Heidi's school and the teacher said things are going really well. First - she received an A+ for the winter quarter. She is very helpful in class and likes to teach the younger 3 year olds things like the days of the week. Normally they work on just writing their first names, but the teacher wanted to start teaching Heidi her last name too. The only item we needed to work on is her ability to recognize rhythm - ha - not that I don't think she can - I think she hears music and wants to dance to her own beat of a drum if you catch my drift. The teacher is confident she will move into the next classroom soon and overall really enjoys her.

To help her learn her name, I wrote her name on her easle and said she could trace the letters to begin learning them - well next thing we know - she is actually trying to write them - not half bad for her first time. :)

Okay okay - enough bragging already :) An update on Ooo-Fah - things are going really well. Not to get into every detail - but I had some typical screening tests a few weeks back - things came back normal - but on the upper end of normal, like 80% - so not horrible - but enough to have the doctor's suggest further chromosome testing if I wanted to - they check for things like Down Syndrome and others things that. I wasn't honestly nervous - but once you start talking about the possibility - I just wanted to know either way. We went ahead and had the additional tests (not that bad by the way - they make it sound way worse than it is) and everything is perfectly normal!!! Yeah!!! (I knew it...hehe)

BUT.... one nice thing of having the tests done - which I didn't know at the time... is we know what we are having!!! We know the sex of the baby - we are having a....... well..... we aren't sharing quite yet. :) We are hoping to get back to Omaha very soon and share in person. We are very excited to have a healthy baby and Ooo-Fah is one moving and grooving baby. Here are the ultrasound pictures from the week 15 screen. And trust me you can't tell the sex from these pictures - I was looking sooooooo hard during the ultrasound. :)
 If you are on Facebook you have already seen this but we love it. In this picture it looks like the baby is either doing a gun gesture or flipping us off... we had a good laugh!
Oh - and I "think" I have officially felt my first flutters... I think I felt Ooo-Fah while I was sick on the couch and not moving much - I ate a lovely evil tagalong girl scout cookie and then felt some fluttering...hmmm....