Thursday, March 22, 2012

Ooo-Fah-Ette 19 Weeks

We just got back from our 19 weeks ultrasound and we are happy to say we have a clean bill of health - everything from the heart to the toes looked good! We weren't able to get that great of pictures, the tech did try really hard but Ooo-Fah-Ette wasn't cooperating! And yes - its still a girl! :)

So far this pregnancy has been just normal - I'm feeling kicks on a regular basis - I thought today she was kicking hard enough for Chris to feel - but no luck yet. With Heidi he felt at 22 weeks - so just a few more weeks. My belly has officially begun to pop. They said the baby already is about 12 ounces - and that's on the larger side - great... but I don't think I'm going for a 10 pound baby or anything! :)

For names - well the discussions and brainstorming has begun and nope - sorry we aren't sharing. We already have enough opinions between the three of us - the three including Heidi - go figure she has some very particular names she wants to name the baby. We already know, no matter what name we pick - not everyone will like it and there is probably a dog named that name - but we can live with that!

My only feeling is that this baby will have darker hair than Heidi - maybe not - maybe curly - who knows - the only thing I have been craving is spice - I should buy jalapenos by the bushel! I can't get enough spice! Oddly enough it doesn't give me acid reflex at all - but most other things do, especially marinara sauce - keep that away from me. Does that mean this baby will have tons of hair too??? I hope so!

I can't believe next week I'm already half way done. My goal is to BEGIN going through all the clothes and bottles and other crap to see what I can use again and what will need to be replaced. I wish I could qualify for the show Hoarders so I could get some professional organizers in here! :) Its going to be a mighty task to say the least!

We are super excited and very happy everything is looking healthy. On to the pictures! Sorry - they really aren't that great - but oh well! 
Feet - to me - it looks like a raccoon paw - no?
Skeletor face - and yes - both Chris and I said that out loud during the ultrasound - the tech giggled.
Best picture of the bunch - side profile...

Ok - try number one on the 3D picture of the face. Ooo-Fah-Ette wasn't in the best position. Don't worry - there isn't really a large crack in the middle of her forehead - its where the scanner begins and stops. 
Try number two - the tech said the scan was picking up too much stuff in the way.
Try 3 - better on the eyes - worse on the bottom half and it looks like her ear is cut off.
Last try - it was too bad these didn't turn out as well as we hoped. You could tell she was sticking her hands in her mouth and smiling on the ultrasound.


Chris and I were trying to decide - what looks creepier - the skeletor pictures of the baby or the 3D attempts... Soon enough we will met her and will see just who she looks like!