Monday, February 25, 2013

The Devil Dentist

We have had a very traumatic day here in the Gonzales household. Today, Heidi was suppose to get one of her cavities fixed. It all started out fine - she willingly went back, chose her movie, put the nose thing on...but shortly after - I'm summoned by the staff to in the room.

I find a very upset Heidi and a stressed out tech. I try to coach her through it but it just gets worse and out of hand. I have never heard Heidi scream or cry like that. They gave her one shot and she freaked out. Next thing I know, they are bringing in the swaddle board and shoving a paper in my face to sign. Looking back - such a bad idea but I wasn't thinking clearly.

They tried to strap her down and it just got worse and by this time I'm yelling at them to stop. Just horrible. Heidi was choking and vomiting - I was crying - she was crying. Blah!

The poor kid broke all the blood vessels around her eyes. I'm pretty sure she will have two black eyes. Her cheek is all swollen. She has broken blood vessels around her mouth and her cheek bone. The inside looks black and blue too.

We just feel so bad that even had to happen and really all for nothing. Nothing got accomplished. I was putting trust in the practice to decide what to do or not do. I thought she would be in a twilight stage and it was far from it. Ugh!

We do not have a solution at this point but Chris is looking into it. Heidi seems fine now - keeps asking when her face will look better. Also overheard her talking to Lucy about it and how she was scared but it was good Lucy was at school. A cute moment - Heidi already protecting Lucy.

The parent guilt kicked in and we bought Heidi a new toy :) we already warned daycare about Heidi's face. We don't want them thinking we beat our kid!

Sigh...glad this day is over! I took some pictures - none of those dots are freckles...