Monday, May 6, 2013

Omaha - Vegas - Teeth - Oh My!

I must apologize to family and friends - this Omaha trip was really goofy and we were in and out so quick - I barely took any pictures and I missed some great photo ops! Enough excuses - on to the few pictures I do have.

Do you think Heidi was excited for Omaha??? :)

Taco was excited too... they always get so anxious when the packing process begins!


We got there in record time but Lucy was in Stranger-Danger mode. Unfortunately - it lasted for a day and a half - but by Monday she was all ready to interact with people!


I failed to take more pictures at the Gonzales household - but the girls loved being there...I think Toby was most excited. Heidi and Toby have a good time together!


I feel like there needs to be a good caption to this picture of Anne and Lucy...

BTW - Anne- your house is awesome and we now hate you...:)


Ayla and Heidi playing...so cute!

Lucy decided that she liked Anne's carpet so much she would take a nap in the middle of the family room - I don't blame her - that carpet was comfy.


The one picture I took of Kendall and Heidi playing...


When we were packing I realized how little pictures I took - so I decided to try to take more...I don't know why Chris wouldn't stay in the picture while my mom jumped in the bed... hehe...that picture would have been classic.


Nana Bev received the coolest gift for Lucy from a fellow teacher. It is a cape for Heart Heros. It's for kids with Heart issues and defects that have or need to be fixed. It's a really cool idea and super cute. I'm glad Lucy was willing to pose in a few pictures of the cape!


 Nana and Lucy

Grandpa and Lucy

 Grandma Babs and Lucy

And I missed all the other grandparents, uncles, aunts and everyone else. SO SORRY!!! I know there were some super cute moments!

We ended the Omaha trip with a dual bath time!


Love!


And just like that - Omaha was done! And yes - Chris and I went to Vegas during the week - let me sum it up:

1. Yes it was fun...really fun (high fives everyone?)
2. I won, Chris lost....and lost....and lost - so we lost
3. Do you know Vegas has $20 all you can drink happy hours - please refer to the previous high fives comment.
4. Vegas might be the only place where a bar is located next to a magic shop.
5. German beer and German soccer games are a ton of fun
6. Did you know there are some areas on a hotel property you aren't suppose to walk? We do now.
7. Day drinking + Dark Vegas Show = Chris taking a nap. Yep - it was a Cirque Du Soleil show and it still couldn't keep him up. He woke up in time for the men balancing on each other though...

It was fun to be kids again...

And finally Heidi teeth - they got fixed today! Yeah! She had to be put under - good thing since her teeth were basically all rotten. Well not that bad - but I do feel like it was that bad! No more V8 juice or any juice for that matter! Once she feels more up to it - then I will take pictures of her new shinny teeth! She did really great. We finally found a dentist we like and we should be good to go...until braces! :)