Monday, April 13, 2020

Week 4 Complete

I think week 4 is over and we are into week 5... It's all becoming a blur for sure... Lucy is settling into her Zoom meetings with her classmates. She has 5 to 7 a week and she might be better at Zoom than me. This is her seeing some classmates she hasn't seen since the late day of school! There were actually some kids crying on the meeting because they were so happy to see their classmates. Super sweet. 

This week we have spring break - which is a much needed break from distance learning. It is going well, but I'm not going to lie, balancing real work with school work and trying to make sure we don't get sick, get fed and don't kill each other.... is a bit much...

One thing around the house we realized is....we haven't been monitoring when the kids bathe as much. Teeth brushing etc - is always watched (we have enough expensive dentist bills for the girls - lessoned learned). Heidi walked by me the other day and I felt like I was in the boys locker room...

I go..."Heidi...when is the last time you showered AND washed your hair?"

Heidi: "Um....[thinks for WAY too long]...I think four days ago, maybe?"

yikes. I snapped a picture to prove to her the level of grease that could be seen. Let's just say, we are trying to monitor baths more around this household.


 It was a beautiful day and I worked outside for a bit using the jeep table...


Even Remy was a little gross. He got a bath and was super patient while Lucy brushed him...


Work these days...

I just never know what Lucy is going to do. It is quite entertaining having her come into a room with a different outfit or accessories or makeup or whatever. She is good at keeping herself occupied for sure!



 And it snowed...in April...


Keeping the family from killing each other is the hardest thing... Boredom is real. We are done with watching TV and playing on our phones etc. We dug deep into the closets to find some old beads and this Beados thing. It did entertain them for a whole afternoon!


The White Claw challenge... back in college there used to be a Smirnoff Ice challenge. If someone bought you a Smirnoff ice, you would have to chug it right there because Smirnoff Ice was just awful. There are many people who feel the same way towards White Claw. I myself, am not a fan, but I do have plenty of friends who are. Chris and many of his friends, think it's the worst drink of all time.

Anyways - back last summer during the church festival, Chris ran around and got many MANY people to chug White Claw on the spot. Our friend Frank, who happens to live in the neighborhood, was remembering this good ole past time and decided to deliver the White Claw challenge to a few in the neighborhood... and it has begun...boredom, plus increased alcohol consumption, plus people needing to laugh...the White Claw challenge is a go!




I have whipped out ole Betty and started to make face masks. I get some more missing material delivered this week and then I will really crank production up. I chose to do a different design than the rectangle with pleats as I suck at pleats. If they turn out ok... I plan to make them for friends and family... we will see...


 Heidi is baking cookies now...


 White Clam challenge continues...



We sat in our driveway - a little sidewalk chalk and mostly doing nothing, but it was nice to feel the sun!


I froze coins into ice and it entertained the girls for about an hour... I mean, we are bored and trying to come up with new ideas...


Happy Easter! We stayed in our PJs, smoked some ribs and sent the girls on a scavenger hunt. 


 Bring on week 5...