Monday, June 8, 2020

Happy Birthday Heidi!

We had a successful fun birthday weekend for Heidi! First some random pictures... Remy and Lucy are seriously two puppies - they play wrestle with each other constantly... at least they can make each other tired.

The subscription boxes have started to arrive! We received the We Craft Box last week and Lucy LOVES it. It has a different theme each time and this time was pirates and mermaids. It has 7 craft activities that with a little prep work and instructions - Lucy can do all by herself. Win! Some others arrived this weekend, but so far so good for summer entertainment.


When it is your birthday, you get to decide what we do for a whole weekend - Friday through Sunday. First, I decorated a little for Heidi to try to make it special. I know we couldn't have a party and everyone is missing hanging out in big groups. Heidi was surprised I actually decorated - fun fact though... some of the balloons have confetti in them and I lost one as I was blowing it up - it sprayed confetti EVERYWHERE! 


Friday was Chipotle for lunch and she actually wanted my cooking for dinner - she loves when I bake zucchini and make meatballs. Then she wanted everyone to watch a movie.


Saturday was a beyond beautiful day. Perfect weather. I always make the girls take some pictures so I have them.

Heidi wanted bundt cakes from the Nothing Bundt Cakes place. I think she likes that you can get these mini ones and then choose several flavors.


Next up was tie dying some shirts... The girls had fun but holy cow, was it messy. Remy even got dye on him and had to be sprayed off. We were not prepared for the level of mess. I think today my hands are finally not dyed a rainbow of colors.



Heidi wanted to sit in the backyard and relax...then she got the idea to pull out the dead tree... Chris was all too eager to get his Jeep back there and yank out a tree. It was pretty funny. It makes doing landscaping easy. Plus we plan to do mulch and some landscaping clean up these next few weekends, so it needed to be done at some point!


 Heidi wanted some food truck dinner which was gladly went and hung out there for a bit.
 

 Backyard games...


Then Heidi requested we do s'mores but do different chocolate kinds. So we had... dark chocolate Reece's peanut butter cups, white chocolate ones, regular ones, cookies and cream Hershey's, crunch bars etc... We then all sampled them. I personally still prefer original but Heidi liked the dark chocolate the best and Lucy hated them all. Ha!



Lucy wanted fun make up for the fire pit... I don't know- I just go with it. 


Sunday was her actual birthday and she opened her presents...and was VERY excited for her Apple watch.


 She chatted with lots of family and friends and I think she felt special.


 So did Lucy...


Then the shaved ice food truck was back again. We had two of Heidi's friends come join us and it was really nice for Heidi to interact with some friends for once. They were all pretty quiet in the beginning and I think all of them forgot how to chat without their phones.


 Happy Birthday Heidi!