Thursday, July 13, 2023

It has been...stressful

Well... so far the last few weeks have not been great. I ended up having to fly into Omaha as my mom really wore herself down from the stress and was diagnosed with a bladder infection and an E. Coli-wrapped stone in her kidney. She ended up having surgery to place a stent in and drain the infection and had some very scary close calls with blood pressure and fevers. She goes back in mid-July to get the kidney stone taken care of. She is still recovering and on lots of antibiotics. Along with my mom being out of commission, Darrell is still healing and needs more help prior to coming back home. He finished his rehab, but is continuing rehab at an assisted living place. He is working hard to get his strength back while my mom heals and we hope to have him back home in 30 days or so. 

These are random pictures as I was in Omaha for over a week and Chris was managing Cleveland. The picture above is Lucy finding Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on PS5 and loving it. Below is when I could take my mom home from the hospital. 



The dogs didn't know what to do while I was away. Rizzo stayed close to Heidi and Remy stayed close to Chris. They were very excited for my return. 



Heidi showing off her new t-shirt and shorts she purchased for her birthday!



Lucy had her first "real" haircut while I was away, including washing her hair! She was in heaven.



Just before I had to run to Omaha, Lucy had her theater camp wrap up with a performance. It was very fun. 



We found time to go see the new Spiderman Movie - Across the SPider-Verse. loved it!



I also helped babysit our neighbor's 3 dogs. Though these dogs are cute and well-behaved... I do not want 3 dogs. 



Random selfie of Lucy...


Before I jumped on my plane  - we did hit up brunch at Melt and they had some delicious drinks! 


We also had a quick golf lesson for Heidi... 


Macey was my pal in Omaha. She was so confused on what is going on.



The patient resting...


Kendall got her braces off!


I say Dad and Bev for a good hour the whole time, but thankfully they took me to the airport!



Everyone healing...


We went over a gas lesson again for my mom. 



Baby deer!


I just thought I would throw all my random pictures on here to get caught up. This week is figuring out what club Heidi is going to for volleyball and I hope Darrell continues improvement!