Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Longest Blog Ever

Sound the horns! Can you believe it?!? Our computer is fixed!!! YEAH!!! I have a lot of catching up to do... So let's go in reverse order and get everyone caught up...

First we had Halloween at work - for being a kid who has never trick-or-treated - she sure did catch on fast - she made it all the way around the office and was loving it.
They filled her pumpkin full of candy and this is what happens - our kid's first sugar HIGH! She was running around like crazy. Even Val came over and was like - Dude - what's wrong with your kid? We answered... candy... pure candy.
Val and Heidi hanging out on the couch...
Heidi did great in her costume and yes - we dressed her as a dinosaur - why not? She made the tour of everyone - first stop my dad's house, then my mom's, then Chris' mom's work, Chris' family's house, Matt and Christina's place and finally home to trick-or-treat. She made it through the whole tour and was quite happy! Aren't Blake and Kendall cute?
Heidi and Kendall are enjoying Blake's GUN SHOW!
Dinosaur down!!! Dinosaur Down!!! :)
Heidi enjoying her first sucker - we don't think she was actually holding it - more like it was stuck to the paw - but she loved it anyways. I'm pretty sure it was dropped a few times - but I don't think about that - a little dirt never hurt a kid - right?
One morning Matt and Kendall stopped by to play for awhile and it was fun! Kendall and Heidi get along great -well at least until Junior High - but right now - it's all good! I love the picture of them kicking at the same time - I don't know exactly what they were doing...
Heidi playing in the basement...
I love when she kisses her dolls or what she calls baby!
Heidi hasn't really ever had issues sleeping and when she sleeps - she is out cold - as long as she has her Big Toe, security blanket and the two hand made blankets from my mom - then she is out for the night. Doesn't this just make you want to be a kid again and sleep!?!
Go HUSKERS!!!
Heidi thinks anything small and electronic means it is a phone - this is Chris' GE security badge - close enough :)
Our piggy likes to eat and her newest FAVORITE food - want it with every meal - beans! All kind of beans!
I love when she goes all done - sometimes her hands flying up which means some food may go flying too - but that's why we have dogs...
Just a fun bubble bath!
We had a couple of great snow days that allowed me to stay home from work and basically play with Heidi - kind of nice!
Chris maybe wasn't as excited as me since he had to go shovel and snow blow everything - but hey - at least my old ski gear is back in good use!
The funniest part was when Chris was shoveling the back deck - Heidi took her chair and placed it so she could watch - of course she had her Big Toe toy and blanket - but she sat there the entire time Chris shoveled - SO funny!
We also had a coloring break during the snow day and Heidi was just too cute laying on the kitchen floor coloring away!
Have I mentioned Heidi loves beans... no really beans - any and all kinds - but especially black beans (which are my favorite too - hehe)
Heidi goofing around - she LOVES to hide and daddy's legs are a perfect spot!
My grandma gave me all her old sewing items since she no longer needed them and I have been so grateful - I won't have to buy thread, buttons, trim or elastic for a cenutry - now I just need to make something... but I had the tub of thread out for a holiday project for the family and Heidi discovered it - and man did she have fun - laying out all the spools ever so carefully - another great toy for Heidi - so simple!
As you can see above, Heidi is a messy eater - what kid isn't - so one night I didn't want her to get another of her clothes dirty. So I found an old college shirt of mine and I think it fit rather nicely! :)
Christmas cards have been mailed -so I can share the picture now - here is Heidi's Christmas picture taken by Christina Kahler - the 3rd picture she took and I said great grand wonderful - print! Thanks to Christina once again for taking awesome pictures!!!

Heidi had her 18 month appointment last week and she is still on the small side - coming in at 22 pounds 4 ounces and 30 inches tall - about the 17%. The only major change is she is now on a daily laxative because the kid won't poop - no matter how many beans or glass of juice you feed her. The first day on it - it helped tremendously - so we hope this will help get her to poop! Yep - I talked about poop... poop!

I hope this catches everyone up on the activites and adventures with miss Heidi. Now keep your fingers crossed that our computer doesn't go down again and I can update this thing on a regular basis!

Until next time!