Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Weekend

Why not start off a blog about memorial weekend with a random lady in a hot dog suit...



We had a busy but nice weekend - first we decided to head to the Chagrin Falls Memorial Day Weekend carnival... well we didn't get the memo - I was a little worried when I saw most people in rain boots with mud on them - came closer to the fair grounds and wow - what a mud fest - I was surprised I didn't see ladies in bikinis mud wrestling. Heidi was in a white dress, Chris had his new shoes on and I have flat shoes and jeans that touched the ground - let's just say - we didn't stay long. Heidi enjoyed a nice cupcake and we moved on.




Well just when we were pondering what to do - Chris got a call from the car dealership that we have come to a deal and we just needed to sign the paperwork on a new car. So we spent our Saturday afternoon at the Subaru dealership and I think honestly - Heidi had more fun. She was hamming it up for everyone and having a great time.







Chris' new 2011 Subaru Legacy






The next day - we got to do something very special for Heidi - Thomas the Train was in town and had a whole bunch of things going on. Heidi was super excited to go - I myself - not so much - I can't stand Thomas the Train and if I hear that theme song one more time - I may die - but it was a very well run event - tons of things for the kids. Heidi was in heaven the whole time!!!















Riding on the train - being pulled by Thomas - Heidi was VERY excited!















It was great weekend! Less than a week before my mom and Darrell come! We are super excited and can't wait!