Monday, October 10, 2011

Cake Pops, The End of Soccer and Trees

CAKE POPS! Sorry - I'm pretty proud of these - one - I can't bake - I really can't - so for me to have a sweet treat actually turn out - its a pretty big deal. And yes - I'm a dork and took pictures along the way while I made these pops - I had to document it! I may not be able to pull them off again! Basically we were invited to watch the Ohio State/Nebraska game at a co worker's house and I wanted to make something over-the-top Husker to bring. Along with a mystery subscription to Better Homes and Gardens (by the way - no one has fessed up - who signed me up - really?) well the magazine happened to have a recipe for cake pops and I thought - why not Husker pops.

One note - I have never made red velvet cake before - holy poo - that stuff is red! I was like - is this right?

As you can see - not a pretty cake - but luckily - you crumble it and it doesn't matter what it "did" look like!










Yes - yes - if you look closely - I did print off a picture of Bo yelling... I thought it was a nice touch...

I made mini baskets for the neighbors too :)


Today was the last game of Soccer - there is one next weekend - but we won't be here due to Disney World. Soccer started off just fine - Heidi was running around kicking and even playing with our neighbor girl across the street.





















Then the more daddy tried to get her to do the drills the coach was asking - the more she shut down... As you can see...



And it didn't take long until - MMMMEEEELLLLTTTT DDDDDOOOOWWWWNNN. And our soccer career has come to a close. I don't think Heidi will be the soccer champ as daddy has dreamed - but there is always next year. :)



But don't worry - daddy and Heidi made up - I wish this picture wasn't blurry - I think its super cute!




As we were driving to Chris' co worker's house for the football game - yes yes - don't worry - we represented the Huskers amongst a group of Ohio State fans. The trees are just so pretty - I had to try to take pictures and well my pictures do not do the trees justice - sorry - I'm not known for my photography - but I hope you kind of get the picture. Fall truly is a beautiful time of year here - the kind where you want to roll around in leaves and drink beer... :)












And it's finally time! Time for Disney World!!! Just a few days away and I will be dancing with Minnie. We are super excited to go and hope to take a lot of pictures!



I pulled this old picture from my files - I think we started with 152 rings! Wow that went fast! Maybe now I actually have to hang up decorations. :)


We will be back after Disney World!!!