Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Disney World 2011 - Part 2

Disney World - Part 2

Sorry - all my crappy pictures couldn't fit on one blog and blogger is hating me right now...or I'm hating it - ANYWAYS!

Saturday - Matt and I parted ways - they took a lovely trip to the beach and then they hit Magic Kingdom again and we went to Hollywood Studios and Epcot. Overall Hollywood Studios, it was meh, okay - wasn't a whole lot to do there and what was there had horrible wait times. We really only did a couple of things and was headed to Epcot by lunch time.

We had a blast at Epcot - First had an awesome lunch at the Mexico area there - very delicious and then Heidi slept for over two hours in the stroller - which meant - well - let's drink!
When she woke - she was happy as a clam and wanted to play with her new Monster's Inc toys - fine by us - we will enjoy some beers while you play...
Heidi as the photographer...
I had to take at least ONE bathroom picture as we did SO MANY bathroom breaks - so many...
Heidi took this picture - no really she did - ha!
I use to LOVE these when I lived in Germany - total fat kid moment - Heidi had like 3 of them too - heheOne funny story - after consuming a few adult beverages - we all headed to the Spaceship Earth ride in the Epcot globe - we get in and Heidi starts touching the screen on the ride and before Chris and I can stop her - she officially selects German as our language for the tour. The guy loading was laughing at us and I'm like - eh - it will be fun. I translated for Chris - well I paraphrased for Chris and may have thrown a couple of - then aliens will turn us into burritos - to see if he was paying attention. Maybe that is why they serve booze at Epcot - or else all their rides would be too boring...

Sunday the group got back together and we hit Animal Kingdom. I seriously think this was one of my favorite parks - if not my favorite. The rides were good - most areas were shaded - we were able to get on rides quickly etc etc. Us on the jeep safari ride - very fun!
Play time moment - others kids - going down the slides and running around - Heidi gets excited she can play with her toys. No worries - we did the slides too - um - not very fast - but very long - I seriously have bruises from them...
Yes we went all the way to Disney World for Heidi to pet goats... but these were Disney goats...Sunday night we headed to Downtown Disney - what a cool place. Next time I would like to spend more time there. I am also kicking myself as I didn't take a single picture from the cool T-Rex place we ate for dinner. After dinner - we headed to the Lego store and Heidi was in heaven - she concentrated for a very long time lining up all the Lego's...Monday was our last day at the parks and boy did we make it count - we were there for over 14 hours straight! YES!
Once again - one of Heidi's favorite things was the Disney ambassadors who blew bubbles - we come all the way to Disney and she is entertained by bubbles.
We had a very special activity of getting to eat breakfast in the actual castle and meet a bunch of princesses. The girls enjoyed it - I personally had a crap-tastic time - mainly - for those of you who don't know - I am a picky eater - things I don't like - scrambled eggs, thick breakfast sausage, potato hash, soggy bacon and orange juice - guess what was for breakfast - I had a $42 cup of coffee and the SOB didn't even give me a refill. But enough whining from my part - I tried my best to be a good sport - but I give myself a F. Let's hope Matt didn't catch me being a baby on camera...How cute is little Kendall! She loved all the Princesses. Heidi didn't know who they were - but still had fun!Then we go to get the picture with Cinderella and we were told we wouldn't have to wait - just go on down - well they let like 6 families before us and then a random group of people who said Cinderella's actual mother lives next to their dog's sister's cousin - I can't make this stuff up - so by the time the family picture came around - we weren't super excited...
Well after my belly was full of coffee - Heidi wanted to go do her favorite rides - so we did.
One thing that is great about Disney - the random performances and parades - you start walking somewhere and you may run into something - mind you - I know there is a schedule of events - but that takes too much planning :) We ran into a dance party while waiting for our fastpasses for Winnie the Pooh ride - it was fun!After a few more of Heidi's rides - we headed over to The Jungle Cruise and that side of Disney.Heidi playing in the camel spit! As we were wondering in Frontierland - we noticed people lining up for a parade - they put up ropes etc - well we needed some down time so why no wait for the parade - um - sorry - I didn't realize the parade wasn't going to be to us for another hour or so - oops - but Heidi sat and entertained herself by people watching and taking pictures with the camera. I thought the shoe one was cute!We learned early on that Pluto was Heidi's favorite character - Chris was going to kill me during this wait for the parade - but luckily - Pluto was in the parade! Heidi watching the parade before she sees Pluto...And afterwards...Then to our luck - Pluto comes to our side of the street - is giving high fives - but actually bends down and hugs Heidi!!! Heidi was in heaven! And thank you Pluto for making the wait worth while! Chris couldn't be mad at me for waiting anymore. :)After the parade - we took the first option to get into some AC and it was the Bear Country singing - reminds me a Show Biz Pizza thing. Two seconds in and Heidi was out for a quick nap.After the nap - we headed to get some food and happened to pick the quick service place that had windows over looking the "It's a Small World" ride - one of Heidi's favorites. She had a blast eating and waving to people but it meant - what ride did we have to go on again and again and again... I lost count...Do you think Heidi is excited for It's a Small World?
I think this was Chris' favorite ride too - don't you think?Another one of Heidi's favorites was the tea cups and she liked going SUPER fast!
There is something so wrong about Chris on that horse - I don't know how it worked - but was very funny...The last day was spent packing and sleeping in a bit - the kids had a blast running and jumping in the hotel room.
One last bus ride...
And one last picture with a princess...
We had a blast in Disney World - but I need a vacation from vacation. We learned things that worked and things that didn't and overall - very fun. I can't wait to go again!!!