Friday, April 20, 2012

The Zoo

Zoo day! It looked to be a nice day so we decided to head to the zoo... as it is becoming tradition - Heidi wanted to pose in her outfit she put together...our little model.

Luckily this time all the animals were out and about at the zoo. Heidi wanted to stop at EVERY exhibit and pretend to read every sign. She also stopped at every Docent and wanted to hear their presentation. Did you know that over a lifetime sharks lose about 10,000 teeth and they never stop growing teeth. Yep.

4 and 1/2 hours and over 6 miles of walking later... we had completed the zoo. I was WORN out! Heidi fell asleep before we even left the parking lot.
I grabbed some Chick-fil-A nuggets before the zoo as a snack. I need to apologize to the other parents who ended up having kids whining to them that they wanted Chick-fil-A too. Sorry!

This next section I would like to call - Heidi posing with animal statues... She loves to do it - I didn't even include every one she posed with.

Fun day - I was wiped out and I think we were all in bed by 8pm! Bring on the summer!

Quick update on Ooo-Fah - this past weekend was the first time I felt kicks and movement above my belly button. I forgot how much I really don't like feeling kicks - don't get me wrong - its nice to know things are cool as she cooks - but its always at odd times - like when I'm trying to go to sleep or watch a movie or something. And I think when she has hiccups its ticklish - like when you have an itch on your back you can't scratch. It also makes me nervous how high she is all ready - Heidi never kicked my ribs except for maybe once... I have a feeling my ribs are going to be in for a beating with this one!!!