Sunday, June 16, 2013

Graduation - Check Up - Birthday - Father's Day - OH MY!

Holy Pictures Batman! Ready for a jam packed blog?

First - we had Heidi's preschool graduation. Sorry the pictures are less than desirable. I had the wrong lens and it was really bad lighting in the school gym. She started off happy to be there...

But between the super hot gym and the amount of people there...it soon turned into...I don't know about this...

And tears...

She stopped crying long enough to walk across and get her diploma...


I tried to get a good picture of her in the cap and gown - but she wasn't having it.


Once the ceremonies were done - which was very nice, a few songs, a few poems and very well done - she perked up once we got around Lucy - who was also covered in sweat from the hot gym.



 We got the gown off, a step outside to cool off and a promise of some cake and we were back in action.


Preschool is officially done. She is still at daycare for the summer, but its all themed weeks and camps now. Also - Heidi will be officially attending St. Jude's private school next year in the fall. Long story short - wasn't  thrilled with our public schools and NONE of Heidi's friends were attending the public schools.  That has to say something. We are excited for the fall!

Also we had their 10 month and 5 year check ups!

Heidi is coming in at 37 pounds and is in the 50% for height and weight. She did great with the doctor and didn't like her shots (can't blame her) but the doctor was perfectly happy with everything for her.

For Lucy - she is coming in at 16 pounds and is in the 5% for height and weight! Our little peanut. We were just happy she was ON the chart! :) The only concern for her is her lack of being able to eat more solid finger foods. She is fine on thicker and even a little chunky baby food. She can eat the cheeto-like veggie sticks - but puffs? Forget about it. We are going to try different solids - from noodles to bananas to whatever we are eating - give her some (minus of course like eggs, peanuts, shellfish etc). We are going to test what she can get down and what...doesn't get down. If by her 1st birthday - she still isn't doing well, we will have to get her tested. So its mission - feed finger foods!

Saturday was her big 5th birthday party! When I say big - I mean big. Almost every kid we invited was able to come (even with a few siblings or two) and in the end I believe we had 29 kids and about 20 adults. yep.

Heidi helped me vacuum and she was good at it - maybe not at straight lines but she did manage to get everything clean!


 Lucy watching Heidi vacuum...



Love this picture - just a random quick picture of Lucy waiting for the party...


 Heidi was getting excited too!

The party was good- all the kids were having fun inside and out. The animal show - Outback Ray - showed up and it started to RAIN!!! Which meant...I was about the have animals all in my house!

He was sooo good! specially with the amount of kids and the hyper-ness of the kids! I think he did have to not show some animals because of the crazyiness but it was still fantastic! The kids piled in our family room and the show began!

 Since it was Heidi's birthday - she got to do special things - like hold many of the animals!


 Heidi loved it!


 Luckily, I had Lucy in the baby borne and so Chris had to be the volunteer! :)



I was standing in the kitchen with many of the other parents and Outback Ray was talking about his next animal - Josiah turned to me and goes - I bet its a possum - me - it better not be a possum.. It was. Gross.


 THEN - he brings out a cockroach! Seriously?


 A quick snapshot of our crazy filled house!


 Lizard on my floor...

Heidi was holding the lizard and goes - "he's heavy." ha.


 Heidi really liked the rabbit.


She also really liked the hairless guinea pig. I think some kids said they wanted it as a pet! His name was Zombie.

And the finale! Sponge Bob the big python! I'm pretty sure I saw some moms duck into my dining room for safety!

 We had several volunteers for a Sponge Bob hug!

 Love this one!

 We tried to get as many of the kids for a picture - we got most of them!


 The party was coming to a close - so it was cupcake time!


I didn't want to force the kids to sit and watch Heidi open gifts. They were all having fun running around - playing hide-n-go-seek and more. We only opened a couple and opened the rest today. I always send thank yous anyways. I don't think any of the parents were too upset about not having a gift opening. I think actually many were relieved!


 Take this messy picture - multiply it by 100 and that is my house - both inside and outside in the backyard.


Overall it was a success and Heidi really enjoyed herself. I think all the kids did too. Or at least by the state of the toys - I would say yes.

Today is Father's Day! Chris wanted to relax after the crazy day we had yesterday! I snapped a quick picture - yes the girls are in the same clothes from yesterday...so what! :) Heidi fell asleep on the couch last night and slept in her dress! :) Thank you Chris for being a wonderful daddy!