Sunday, June 8, 2014

A Birthday Vacation!

We celebrated Heidi's birthday for a whole weekend by going on a mini vacation! But let's first celebrate with how Lucy is typically in our house... a nice cell phone shot by Chris...seriously...this is typical.


Also - this was Heidi's official last of school! We have a 1st grader now!


They had a fun and field day which I translated to a track and field day on the last day of school. Heidi must have played hard because when we got home - all the neighborhood kids were playing and Heidi did NOT want to go outside! She was TIRED!

Plus - I think she wanted to save her energy for the fun birthday weekend!!! Off to Hershey!!!


Just a 5 hour drive for us (which is nothing for us! :) ) and when we got there... I think Heidi was excited!!!


 Bring on Chocolate World!

Chocolate world was great. Lots things to do and of course tons of over priced merchandise :) We ate a quick lunch and it was time to make your own candy bar. Now - I don't know why - but Lucy didn't want to keep her hairnet on!... so Lucy and I hung out while Chris and Heidi made two customized candy bars! Hershey's was awesome and gave us a refund for the other tickets :)



And think Chris and Heidi had a great time making the candy bars! Next was cupcakes and dessert time. They had this cookie creation place - basically - you pay for a sugar cookie and you can choose from a ton of different toppings. Tons. In true Heidi fashion, she kept it simple with just a few choices.


But of course she wanted to make a couple of "special" bites that of course Chris was the guinea pig. How do you think it went? :)


Lucy officially ate something sweet! It was a plan vanilla cupcake with white frosting and she ate - about 3 bites! Maybe a cake can be in her future for her birthday!


Next was a trolley around the actually city of Hershey. It was very nicely done! Two tour guides who could sing and do silly acting things. I think the one guy changed costumes 8 or 9 times. My favorite was the Pennsylvania Dutch bad horrific Muppets accent. Hilarious. Lucy liked the ride and proceeded to fall fast asleep!


 Love!

We unveiled to Heidi that the next day we would be spending it at the actual amusement and water park! She was VERY excited!


We finished off the Chocolate World day with the visit to the "It's a Small World meets Chocolate" ride. It was fun. I decided my future job is the guy at the end who hands out handfuls of chocolate. We got so much free candy! I think I'm good for candy for awhile!


We were finally able to check into our hotel and it was awesome. I love Homewood Suites! We had two bedrooms, a living room and mini kitchen. It was perfect. Trust me - by this time- Lucy was sick of being "in line" and had to run free! It's going to be hard for me to stay in a normal hotel after having this much room! Look mom I took pictures of the hotel room. I knew you would ask! :)



Love!

We also forgot how much fun it is for kids to stay in a hotel. They thought it was the coolest thing ever! Heidi maybe was mimicking me - but she wanted all her stuff put away and set up before we did anything else! Love it!


It was then a quick present opening (we split them between Friday and Saturday) and then off to the hotel pool!

Heidi didn't go past the steps in the pool but Lucy wanted to swim! I held her and she was kicking and loving it! We got changed in our PJs and had a snack and went to bed with little to no drama. Just a couple of reassurances that we were in the next room and that's it! Well - Heidi did ask me at 1:30 in the morning if it was time get up and go. Ha!


In the morning she opened the rest of her presents and was SUPER excited for the doll and horse I got her. No it's not American Girl. This the the daughter who doesn't really even like dolls - I'm not going to spend that money if she is not going to play with it! But I do have to say - she is in LOVE with the doll and horse. In LOVE!

 Yep - Lucy is even crazy in the morning!


Next we were ready to go to the park! I think the girls were really excited!!!


 Ready for the amusement park!!!

First ride - of two. yep we only went on two rides. Lucy could have gotten on many but she was too busy eating and playing games and hanging out! Same with Heidi - she wanted to play all the boardwalk carnival games. Which she won MANY times over. We had a really good time. They had a zoo we went through, a fantastic water park that I wish I could have taken pictures of the girls having fun. It was a great park!


For dinner we went to Texas Roadhouse and Heidi loved it. Lucy ate three meals....no lie...and Heidi got to sit on a saddle and had a great birthday announcement by the server.


We got back to the hotel and Heidi wanted to lay all of her new stuffed animals out!


I wanted to mention the girls didn't take long before taking over the whole hotel space! Toys everywhere!


Then it was time to head home. We were suppose to go to a baseball game but between us taking our time this morning and the rain - we skipped out! We stopped for lunch at a rest stop and had some more fun.


We need to video what happens - I take a picture of Heidi - Lucy fusses then I take a picture of Lucy and she gives this face.

So then Chris starts making fun of her and gives us this.


 Love it.

Now we traveled the rest of the way home - I think it was a success... at least Heidi was knocked out and Lucy was happy!


 Back at home and happy!!! A successful birthday celebration and vacation!