Sunday, May 3, 2009

Where's Waldo - I mean Val...


Today was happy half marathon day! No no - don't worry - I wasn't running - Val was and a few other brave souls. Chris, Heidi and I drove to Lincoln to cheer her on. We wanted to be around mile 9 or 10 to help Val push through to the end. We set up, we had a couple of signs and we were ready to see her run past...
And there were runners...
And runners...
Oh - someone we knew - Lisa - a great friend of Anne... (in black running away)
Cute Angie Hon-Marx spotted us - fun... (in blue)
More runners...
Next thing - I'm like - Chris, dude - we're getting into the slow people - like people walking - she CAN'T be in this group - so I called her parents and they are like - oh yeah she passed you awhile ago... DAMN IT! So we missed her...
We caught back up at her parent's house and she said while running - she heard someone laugh about a no crop dusting sign - and she was confused - but now it makes sense...
She promises next time to wear neon colors so we can easily pick her out! Good job Val - we are WAY proud of you! You kicked ass!
And since I already downloaded pictures - I'll throw some Heidi ones in there.
Here is Heidi ready to go shopping for all our basement stuff - carpet, bathroom vanities, fans etc etc
Heidi now wants whatever we have - drinks included - we caught her first time wanting a beer...parents of the year!
Heidi on the way home from Lincoln today - I gave her a french fry and she fell asleep...
Our house is now a disaster every night...see...thank you Heidi!
Oh and since she is walking and we want to go outside - she needs walking shoes - so Heidi got some old school - good ole - Keds...Just like I had growing up - love it!