Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A Whole lot of the Zoo and Random


A whole lot of random this week... I only took a few pictures at home and my battery was dead - so many of these are cell phone pictures!

First up - Chris and Heidi made root beer again! It should be ready just in time for her birthday! 


 Heidi wanting to pose again for the camera - of course she acts all shy and then craziness happens!

We celebrated Cinco de Mayo by going to our local delicious Mexican restaurant. We went at 4:30 pm on a Saturday and the place was already packed. We happen to drive by again around 6:00 pm and it was insane! Do you like her hair accessory??? :)


Sunday was play in the dirt day! We cleaned up our landscaping and prepped it for new mulch. Heidi ended up playing in buckets of water most of the time but we all had fun just the same. Oh and she does have shorts on... her shirt is just really long.


Onto cell phone pictures... Tuesday was suppose to be a beautiful day - so Heidi and I headed out to the zoo.


To help entertain her - I made a book of printed pictures of animals of the zoo - when she saw one - she would put a sticker on it... it ended up being perfect. Kept her focused and she was proud to show it off to everyone. 



Saturday was VERY nice out - so we decided to go to the zoo again. Hey - we love the zoo - yeah its a lot of walking but Heidi loves it! I tried to warn Chris that Heidi likes to see all the animals and she KNOWS if we don't see all the animals. He wasn't prepared for a 3 and 1/2 hour visit. I was charging the camera - so we only have a couple of shots. 


That's really about it for the weekend. Heidi has discovered her headbands again - maybe because I mentioned they are for the baby - so she is staking her claim - anyways - she has been rocking one all day today. Fun! Doesn't she already look sort of tan??? She was outside for two days - mainly in the shade and with 50 SPF on - that I put on her every hour and a 1/2...


As far as Ooo-Fah - everything is trucking along. We had a fetal echo - aka - a really long boring ultrasound of just the baby's heart. Not that they thought anything was wrong, but it all stems back from that original First Check test - since I was in the upper normal range - I get to do more testing. I'm not going to argue if I get to see the baby more - but I'm like - I was NORMAL just upper end... I didn't even get a picture and literally saw her profile - ONCE. I almost fell asleep. ANYWAYS - Everything is perfect - to quote the strange heart doctor - "Everything was put together correctly and cooking correctly" Thanks doc. I also passed my glucose screen! Yeah! Bring on the cake! Just kidding! She is kicking and moving and I'm growing too! Are we closer to being prepared? Well, we at least started - I still haven't washed clothes yet but at least I know what clothes I need to wash. I did order some items we were missing and they should arrive this week and I'm on the hunt for diaper coupons.  

Really the next item we are planning is Heidi's birthday party - we are going to have a Fiesta :) But the party isn't until June 9th...