Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Becoming Adults, Shoes and The Boys

You would think Memorial Weekend meant plenty of time to take pictures - well - sorry - nope. The neighborhood pool opened up and we spent our days at the pool. Sorry - mommy and daddy at the pool in swimsuits...that does NOT need to be documented.

Anyways - Chris and I do feel like we took a step towards being adults - aka we bought an adult-like piece of furniture. Going along with the theme of finally purchasing a computer desk, we took the next step and finally bought a chair to go along with the desk. I have been wanting what I have been calling - an ugly adult chair and by golly we found it! It was of course on super duper discount - we wouldn't have it any other way - but the room is coming together. Now we just need some artwork and maybe a table or two. Some people may hate it - we love it. Its a Better Homes and Gardens styled chair - so at some point it was in style. Its comfy too. Heidi was all too willing to be the chair model.

Next Heidi already wore through her sparkle shoes that were purchased a couple of months back - like holes in the bottom - wore out - so it was time for a pair of new shoes. What happens when you take a preschooler shoe shopping? You end up with the most obnoxious pair of shoes ever! They even light up!

Side note - what do you get when you let daddy go t-shirt shopping for Heidi? Boys Kermit the Frog t-shirt - it works...Heidi modeling...


Daddy was a wee bit tired on Monday, he was playing with Uncle Brett on PS3 until fairly early in the morning as well as we made him get up and go to the pool. But what happens when you lay on the floor - everyone goes towards you... pretty entertaining watching Heidi, Taco and Brewski bug the living crap out of Chris.

The bugging session wouldn't be complete without a howling session by the boys...

Ooo-Fah update - things are just trucking along. I have been getting evening sickness - yep I for the most part avoided morning sickness in the first trimester, but now it wants me to feel sick now that I'm in the 3rd trimester. I hope that is tied to a hip/groin/nerve issue I have going on in my left hip. Basically long complaining/whining story later - I can't sit on anything hard or anything I lean forward. I get a sharp pain in my lovely groin area - yep groin - picture it - picture it - yep. I have come to find out baby doctors really don't give a crap about complaining pregnant ladies - no worries - but I have been referred to a physical therapist to see if maybe they can help. In the meantime, I have to buck up and try to push through the pain. I'm going to try a stability ball at work instead of my office chair... wish me luck.

I also had my first or most dramatic preggo moment. We went to dinner last weekend and the french dip was suggested to me - I was told it is thin lean steak and I thought it sounded nice. I was starving so excited like a true fat kid to receive my meal... I get my sandwich and open it up and it is almost PURE fat - like hunks of fat with little meat - so totally disgusting. Well - now I'm grossed out - and just want to get out of there - but Chris proceeds to tell the 16 year old waiter who goes to tell the kitchen and then comes back and offers to remake it. Well I was certain it was one of those restaurants where they probably have 18 year old cooks who would spit in my food. I mean - for the chef to send out a meal like that in the beginning - doesn't give me high hopes. So I did not want a replacement - I wanted to get out of there. But Chris and the waiter kept asking if I wanted a new sandwich and both were trying to offer a solution which in turn back fired and caused me to become embarrassed which turned into me crying. Yes - I will admit it - I cried over a french dip sandwich. No I didn't get anything as a replacement and will I ever eat there again - hell no. Chris, being the genius that he is, did run through the Chick-fil-A drive-thru afterwards and got me some nuggets. I had to document that I actually had a hormonal break down. I can't wait to see what else will occur over the next several weeks!