Sunday, May 13, 2012

Zoo...Yep...and MORE!

I know this is going to be hard to believe - but yes - we went to the zoo AGAIN! It was the last day I will will be home with Heidi and I asked her what she wanted to do... I even gave her many options but she only wanted to zoo. So off we went again!

I added more animals to her book. She loves it!!! I'm running out of animals though - I mean - this time I had to add ones like Lung Fish and Gibbon...I can't remember EVERY thing there!


Dance break...

 We got lucky that a lot of the animals were up close and personal to the glass. Heidi loved it.

The whole time Heidi said she wanted a shake and kept asking if I had cash for a shake. I had no idea what she was talking about. Especially since she would actually ask if I had cash... well we get by a certain area of the zoo and she is like - one of THOSE shakes... and then I remember - last time we went with daddy - she wanted a slushie but I said we didn't have cash and that place only took cash... Luckily I had cash this time - so she got her shake aka a slushie.

We were walking to the next exhibit and Heidi goes - mom stop - I want you to take my picture. She gets up on the planter - turns to me and smiles. I'm like - ok - ha! Other people were laughing - like what a ham!

She wanted to play checkers and she said she won... I'm not sure if she understands the game yet - I mean...I don't lose... :)

One exhibit this little monkey loved her - I think it was her glasses! He was playing with her on the glass and everything. So fun!

 Putting her last sticker in her book...

Ok so maybe I caved and let her get a stuffed animal - they did just put out all new animals and they were really cool. She picked the blue parrot and said it was from her movie Rio. She hasn't let it out of her sight since!

It was an enjoyable last visit to the zoo, besides weekend visits. I go back to work on Monday - so it was like a mini vacation with 5 billion zoo trips! When we got home from the zoo - we were lucky enough to find a large pile of mulch in our driveway. Guess what we all did Friday night? Jealous?

Saturday ended up being a play day too. Chris had a beer festival to attend and so Heidi and I ventured out again. The first stop was of course Chick-fil-A! I know its a sign I eat there too often when they know my name is Meghan and they know it's spelled with an "H"...

After we dropped off Chris to go drink - we went to this Memphis Kiddie Park. Its a place in Cleveland that is only open the weekends of the summer and all it has are little kiddie rides. It is a dollar a ride and perfect to waste some time.

We were doing really well until the boat ride - she loved it but as she was going around - her steering wheel fell off and she was trying not to cry. I think she felt really bad she broke it. She really didn't want to go on anything after that but we did win a Sponge Bob toy and enjoyed a nice train ride around the park.

We ended with some cotton candy and went to go pick up lovely daddy who had been drinking for several hours.

We ate dinner at a favorite - Fat Heads and daddy was in rare form. I know some of you will find it hard to believe that he became friends with the people giving beer and didn't have to even use all his tickets for beers. To burn off some last minute energy from both Heidi and Chris - we always try to play their old school bowling game before leaving Fat Heads.

Today we are just relaxing as it is Mother's Day - Chris and Heidi did wash my car, I would have snapped a few pictures, but Heidi had the hose and let's just say everyone got wet.

Happy Mother's Day!