Sunday, June 24, 2012

Happy Birthday Chris!

Happy Birthday Chris! His birthday week went well. Thursday we opened presents, ate some wings and ate some cake. Heidi, I think, was more excited to open presents than Chris was. She was more than happy to "help" open them... 
She picked out this card herself - It totally says from your Smart-Ass Kid...she doesn't know...

His big present from us was a smoker - he has been asking for one or thinking about getting one for a long time. I decided to be sold by a Home Depot person and bought a smoker and a whole bunch of crap to go with it. It isn't the nicest one out there - but we figure have him get his feet wet with smoking meat prior to really investing in a real nice one.

I wanted to get Chris a special cake and drove through rush hour traffic to Little Italy to get this cake... Unfortunately - it didn't taste as good as it looked - but lesson learned there. I still believe it was better than anything I could have whipped up!

Chris took Friday off for his birthday and his "to do" list included eating a Slyman's corn beef sandwich (which I joined him on), drink beer at the Westside Market and eat a key lime shake - I don't know if he ever got the shake or not. We did manage to get a free meal at Fat Head's that night... how you ask? Well have a waitress spill an entire beer on you that you didn't order. She was setting it down and it slipped out of her hand. Not only was I literally covered from my hair to my shoes (and in my eyes) - but I also got glass, lots of shards of glass covering me too. I'm thankful Heidi wasn't sitting next to me. In all my years - I have never had so much beer spilled on me and that includes college! There wasn't even that much on the table! Nothing like being pregnant and smelling like old beer. As the waitress stood there in shock, Chris reminded her I wanted ROOT BEER not a beer and then I stood up to help get some glass off me and I think she realized I was pregnant... yep. We love Fat Heads and it really was an accident and they handled it correctly. But NOT the way I want to be on my Friday night. I should really rethink eating out on Friday nights - its not going well for me! :)

Saturday Chris wanted to take a mini trip to Columbus to see their German Village... well... I wouldn't call it a German Village or even a block - everything was spread out like crazy and not what we expected. We did find a fudge house and ate at a good German restaurant. Heidi didn't know the difference and had fun...would we go again....um, not so much...

 I tried to get Heidi to take a nice picture with me - I guess she is in her goofy face phase...

Today was let's smoke some MEAT! Heidi and Chris have been outside all day and it literally smells like a camp fire around here. Heidi had a blast playing all day in water and sand. She is such a goofball!

I let Brew outside finally - don't quite trust a going blind dog around a hot smoker... but he sniffed the air and bee-lined it for Chris' beer... Brewski might be blind but he can always find beer!


Heidi wanted to also play with her baseball toy she received for her birthday. Its very entertaining watching her try to hit the balls.

 She actually hit one!!!

Chris is doing a good job at his first round of smoking meat. I think he realizes its a little harder than originally thought, but I think it looks pretty darn good. Now...we need to taste it...

 Happy Birthday Chris!