Monday, July 2, 2012

The Weekend and 34 Weeks

We had a great weekend. Saturday I said I wanted to do something and "do" something we did. First we went to the Memphis Kiddie Park since we had leftover tickets from last time. It really is perfect for Heidi. The tickets are really the gift that keeps on giving, we STILL have some leftover...


 Here is the preggo belly in full action... wow I'm sexy.

Stop number 2 was to find the best ice cream in the nation... I guess this place called Jeni's Ice Cream has been voted the number one ice cream in the nation as well as a flavor was featured on that show The Best Thing I Ever Ate. We figured out there was a store in Chagrin Falls - so off we went. I have to admit, it did not disappoint. I had one flavor that was suppose to be the Milkiest Chocolate in the World and it was awesome - then I went out on a limb and had their Bangkok Peanut - I have never had an ice cream that changed flavors as it hit parts of your tongue. It went from honey to coconut to peanut to cayenne pepper. It was amazing. If you ever come across Jeni's ice cream - TRY IT! Heidi loved hers too!

While in Chagrin Falls, we received an invite from some friends to meet them at the Bay Village Carnival. I did not take any pictures - too busy chatting and playing games. Plus by that point - it was HOT HOT HOT outside. I do know Heidi managed to get three new stuffed animals and a blow up hammer - I did try to take a picture of her stuffing her loot into a bag in the car. Wondering how the preggo lady did after a busy day - yes - I think I was asleep by 8:30 pm - thank you very much. :)

Sunday we had some goals set:

  • Heidi: Play outside all day - check
  • Chris: Smoke some meat - check
  • Me: Wash baby clothes, write up my to do lists, buy lists and pack lists for the baby and actually start to try to pick a name - all CHECK! 

Sorry - no pictures really - we were too busy! But it was a perfect day to get some things done while relaxing. I did snap some pictures of the pile of pre-washed baby clothes and Heidi in her new clip on earrings she got at the kiddie park. She wore the earrings all day - but don't worry - she will NOT be getting her ears pierced anytime soon!

Here is a quick picture of the finished product - Beef brisket and then some beef tips/burnt ends - man those things were soo good - I was eating them like popcorn. For being new to smoking, Chris is sure pulling some nice meat!

The baby - yes honestly no name - still called Ooo-Fah is doing great. I had a check up last Monday and have another one this coming Monday. Oh the land of forever doctor appointments. I just wish my doctor ran on time, but I think in the land of OB/GYN, that isn't an option. I actually didn't gain any weight this last 5 weeks, but I'm growing and my doctor was perfectly happy with that. I'm measuring right on target and everything looks good.

Heidi took the picture of me below - it isn't the most becoming picture of me - but at this point - I don't care. :) I finished my last physical therapy appointment today. I feel tremendously better but it isn't solved. I, at least, have the tools and exercises to strengthen my muscles around my joint as much as possible. I have also been taught what to avoid doing and how to move to help minimize any pain. I hope I keep improving and after the baby comes, I won't have to have anything done to my hip! Keep your fingers crossed!

I actually received sympathy from the doctor too - I know *gasp* what a concept. She was asking me if I felt if this baby was the same size, bigger, smaller than Heidi and I told her I couldn't compare. I carried Heidi so low and wide (go back to an old blog - 2008 - I think around April or May and you will get a 34 week picture) and this baby is all high and up in my ribs. She felt the baby and was like - "Wow - she really is in your ribs - that has to be painful at times. yikes! You will be happy when she starts to descend. I feel bad for you." I'm like - wow - really???

This weekend we will begin shopping for all the items we need - hey - I have a list done now. We hopefully will narrow our names down a little more as well. I have about 6 weeks left... that is going to go quickly! Or slowly... it depends on how prepared I am - if we get all prepared - the time will crawl - if we don't - it will be here fast.