Tuesday, July 24, 2012

37 Weeks

We had a good weekend again. Saturday we went to an art festival in a suburb of Cleveland. It was nice - of course I picked out the piece of art that was $2200 (No we did not buy it - are you kidding me?). I mean, it was cool - but really??? That seemed really extreme to me! We continue the journey of Heidi dressing herself and she wanted to model next to a tree.

After her modeling session - we stopped for a cupcake - Heidi loved it so much she even had frosting in her nose. I also love her crossed legs!


Heidi was also all about giving money to the band - they were rocking out on their banjo and whatever else - I'm just glad she actually gave money and didn't try to take any!

That night was a pig roast at our neighbor's house - nope - not a single picture - hey we are still getting to know our neighbors and didn't want to be THAT person taking pictures. The night was fun, food was good and Chris learned - he can't play corn hole - all these Ohio people SCHOOLED him... like his average score was 2 versus 25 by the other guy... We all stayed up late that night and were very mellow the next night - daddy was slightly hungover - Heidi was super tired and my feet looked like sausage patties. I decided to make cookies and Heidi is becoming quite the helper. She can even carefully level off items like flour and cocoa!


That is really about it for pictures this weekend - its hard to get up from the couch once I find a comfy spot. :) And fine...here is a picture of me exactly 37 weeks. I have popped! I have also cut my hair - it was all tangles and no one likes to blow dry their hair in this heat. Don't worry - it can still go in a pony tail!

I had my doctor's appointment yesterday and everything is good - blood pressure - weight - everything. She thinks I might be closer to 2 cm dilated and a little more effaced - but we both agreed - none of it matters until you "go". I told her I'm not super uncomfortable and I'm in it for the long haul. So far so good. So no real signs I'm getting closer - just everything is still cooking! Don't get me wrong - I have my good moments and bad moments and my hip still - well - sucks - but honestly, I feel pretty good. I go to the doctor now every Monday until she arrives.

And yes - its still SHE or Ooo-Fah - we have it down to 7 names and that is when negotiations broke down... Looks like she won't be named until she pops out and one of us can convince the other that whatever name is best... Should be interesting...

And onto Miss Sneaky... Heidi has been really good about not sneaking into bed but about once a week she manages to either convince one of us at 5 am that its ok - or like last night - neither Chris or I knew she was in bed. She later told me it was because there was a fly in her room - which could have been true, a couple flew in on Sunday...but its pretty hard to sleep when you have Heidi sleeping perpendicular to you with her feet in your back. She promised she would not coming in again...I give it another week...