Monday, July 9, 2012

35 Weeks

This past weekend was mission prepare for the baby - which translates to - I didn't take ANY pictures - oops...All I have on my camera are these two shots when Heidi decided to play picnic with her leftover party supplies. It was pretty entertaining.

Saturday I went shopping for all that baby crap you need - from diapers and wipes to baby gas drops and lotion. I forget how expensive these little boogers are! BUT  - I feel a lot better and feel more prepared! Chris and Heidi had a daddy-daughter date and saw the movie Brave - Chris said it was good and Heidi enjoyed it - even the scary parts.

Sunday Chris smoked some chicken - that was delicious and I put away the tons of baby clothes we have. We have so many clothes from size 0 to 6 months! They don't even all fit into the dresser! The baby room is put together and we are one step closer.

Chris also put together our new baby swing - its very nice and I am excited to use it. He still has his "to do" list and is slowly hacking away at it. He gets to do things like put the car seat bases in cars, put the car seat back together, set up the pack in play etc. Next up on my "to do" list is packing the hospital bag - which my doctor told me today I should get done - we will get to that in a moment. But we are actually preparing for this kid...now if we could just decide on a name...

I had my doctor's appointment today - everything looks great. I did gain two pounds - but honestly - I looked at the scale and it was only a pound and a half - plus I was wearing tennis shoes. :) Not to over share, but I also had my first "check" for progress. I was a little caught off guard - I guess I didn't realize how close I'm getting and since this is my second one, the checks start a week early. I am 1 cm dilated and the head is right there. She said the baby is in perfect position. I do know from two weeks ago where they took the baby's heartbeat on my belly - I was a good three inches lower. It's not like they are moving my due date up or anything, but maybe a slight part of me believes I won't go to my due date - just because for once - mainly for work - I want to go full term.

I don't go back to the doctor for two more weeks - I should go every week - but already made the appointment for two weeks out prior and she said I'm fine to stay with that. Its sinking in a little more that the days are numbered and maybe we should get all those "to do" done so we can do some last minute activities like a zoo trip or something.

I will try to take more pictures this week - like there is a slight chance we will be attending the Cow Appreciate Day at Chick-fil-A on Friday... If you dress up like a cow - you eat for free... hmmm...