Sunday, April 7, 2013

Weekend

We had a lot of goals and plans this weekend and we really did none of them...but it was still a good weekend! First, Heidi wore a new outfit she received from grandma Babs. She loves it.

Our goal was to run some errands and then take advantage of the nice weather - well Saturday didn't turn out as nice as they said it would - so we ended up at Home Depot... It was a good thing since Heidi woke up talking about a bird feeder - well what do you know! - It was build a bird feeder day at Home Depot. She built a nice bird feeder...while...we looked an updating our kitchen!

We already have a pretty yellow bird that comes regularly to the new feeder! Who knew it would actually work!

Now - the updating our kitchen thing - the stars have aligned and we actually are! We made a decision - I can't believe it! Coming soon... new granite counter tops - new back splash - new breakfast bar - new hardware and resurfaced cabinets! So excited! The transition time won't be so cool - but the end product should be nice! I'm hoping that will move along our floors project as well - but one thing at a time :)


Little Lucy will be 8 months this week! She is still tiny - 14 pounds and wearing size 6 months with some 3 month items mixed in. Her feet are tiny - well everything is very petite. She has a BIG personality and her new thing this week is throwing gang signs. Well - more like - she talks with her hands and turns them and twists them at you and while she is talking. Could she take after me and talk with her hands???...I kind of think so! She still doesn't care to roll over. I don't say can't as I know she can - she just has no desire to. She sits pretty well - but instead of getting frustrated and start to cry - she just gives up and falls which ever way and then cries. She is sort of mobile on her belly - at a minimum can circle around and she can inch her way front or back. Her eating fingers foods is well... very slow. She has a sensitive gag reflex - so baby steps there! The thing not petite on her are her eyes! Sometimes I swear she doesn't blink and could win a starring contest! I'm excited to bring her to Omaha in a few weeks and have everyone see her again. Its like a completely different baby!!!

Saturday was a lot cooler than expected but Heidi was able to play outside and with the neighbor girls. We even were able to go to dinner with them too! Heidi was fine on Saturday...but...

She woke up Sunday morning - burning hot - complaining about hurting everywhere - especially her throat. A look with our phone flashlights and we have swollen tonsils with spots. One urgent care visit later - we are positive for strep! Bummer! She will be on Tylenol and her antibiotic for 10 days. I just really hope she didn't spread it to anyone else!!! I do love how concerned Brew is for her. :)

Chris got Lucy's high chair all cleaned and ready to go...she might be a bit too small still.  But we will still probably use it!

Since Heidi was out sick for the day - I still wanted to take some pictures... I tried with Lucy... this is all I got... So.... I cleaned the morning room and kitchen instead!

I have a busy week ahead of me...I'm finishing my current job and will be joining GE next week! I'm super excited and can't wait to start.