Saturday, August 25, 2012

Transitional Unit Once Again!

We have officially moved to the transitional unit. It took forever - we had to wait for discharge and for a room to be available and we didn't get more until 4:30pm.

But - Lucy is doing well. She has been waking up early for feeds and eating on average of 70ml. She has no IVs anymore and doesn't need her nose feed either. Her last dose of Tylenol was at 9am and so far she doesn't seem to need it.

Lucy is on a once daily diuretic that we might have to do at home too. She looks great today and I'm hoping it will only be for a few days.

As soon as we got here, we asked what it will take to get her home. Basically, she needs to eat 60ml around every three hours. She needs to be checked by the doctors and if she stays on the diuretics, then we need to prove to them we can give it. I don't want to jinx it, but for the first time, I feel like our move home is VERY close...

Lucy got a much needed bath from the nurse and myself - wow she can scream now! But she was crusty and needed it. I may be wrong but I swear she has some curl or at least some wave to her hair...we just have to wait and see!

I feel like we are sooooo close to being able to go home - keep it up Lucy!