Monday, August 6, 2012

The Weekend and 39 Weeks

Did another weekend just pass? That was fast! But at the same time... I'm ready for this baby to come now... so let's keep the speed up. :)

Anyways - Heidi had her school pictures taken and they turned out pretty cute. Of course, the are freaking expensive - so grandparents you are getting just one small one. Sorry. We think $67 for three sheets of pictures is pretty ridiculous... At least we have this thing called a scanner and we can at least keep an image of them.

This weekend was finish all those "to dos" and still get out and about. I do hope this was the last weekend of a family of three. :) Chris successfully finished his keg of beer - just in time to get something new for when Grandpa Darrell comes this weekend. Chris wanted to look cool and lift the keg up high...yeah...you look pretty cool man.

We asked Heidi what she wanted to do this weekend and she insisted on going to the zoo. Since Sunday was suppose to rain - off we went Saturday morning. With the cloud cover, it was nice - but about half way through our visit - the clouds burned off - the breeze disappeared and I think it hit 95 degrees with a heat index of 100 and something. Let's just say - preggo lady met her match - and with a bribe of a new stuffed animal - we were out of there rather quickly.


One note - the bird stole her cup right after this and I thought we were going to have tears. But then she discovered the misting station and we were back on track!

Heidi must have been feeling pretty brave - she was all for the big tree house play ground with the big snake slide and robot alligator. She even walked on the shaky bridge by herself.


Back home - Heidi got right to entertaining herself - and she found her karaoke machine...yeah - a tad bit loud at times but I would rather she played with it now instead of when the baby is sleeping.

Our house is about 90% ready for the baby - just some little cleaning up here and there and I swear dishes are NEVER done! Also I think everyone will need to shave their heads because hair is my enemy with cleaning!

On Sunday I decided to treat myself and Heidi too - to a pedicure (and manicure for Heidi). My feet needed it bad. I felt bad for the nail lady but then again - I'm paying for it - I can't reach my feet and I really don't want to be able to walk on coals no problem because they are so gross. Heidi got her toes and nails painted and she picked out the colors. She was an angel and didn't even smudge one!


I took a quick picture of our new umbrella - it isn't that great of a shot but you get the idea. Its one of those you can swing around all directions and angle as you need it. It also can be left outside even through the winter (with a proper cover of course). It looks small here, but its like 11 foot by 11 foot or something... Perfect size. The next size up was ridiculous - we just didn't need that big! So far - we LOVE it! Now we just have to decide what to do for furniture. I'm still thinking a glider...


Now 39 weeks...

Starting Friday I have started feeling more pregnant and started actually having pressure. Today was my doctor's appointment and the doctor confirmed the baby was much lower and in great position. My weight stayed the same again - which she is completely fine with and so am I - I REALLY do not want a large baby! Just for the sake of delivery! She said I'm absolutely more effaced but still about 1 to 2 centimeters. She did joke that I wasn't miserable enough to be close to labor. She went ahead and striped my membranes in hopes that will help progress me along as well. I have to be honest - I'm pretty miserable right now, but I doubt I will go into labor tonight - even though I'm having contractions. Yeah - I remember them now... and they still suck - even if they are minor ones.

I'm still shooting for this weekend. I have this vision of my mom and Darrell pulling into the driveway and my water breaks at that moment - that can happen right?

I have started to waddle and I can say - I can tell my body is starting to at least head in the right direction - doesn't mean anything is going to happen - but at least its the right direction. :)

Also Heidi said the cutest thing this morning. Our conversation goes:

Heidi: "Mom, I have a question."

Me: "Yes?"

Heidi: "Does the baby have a diaper on in your belly?"

Me: "Um, no, she does not." (giggling)

Heidi: "But then where does the poop and potty go?"

Me: "Well the baby is in a special bubble that keeps the poop and potty away from her"

Heidi: "Where is the special bubble?"

Me: "In my belly."

Heidi: "Oh, is it connected to your belly button and that's why it looks weird?"

Me: "Yep! (me giggling) The baby will wear diapers after she is born"

Heidi: "Because the special bubble will be gone?"

Me: "Yep"

Heidi: "Okay".

Love it. Here is to keeping my finger crossed that only a few more days of being pregnant!