Monday, August 20, 2012

I'm Tired...

I survived night one and day one in the transitional unit. We basically went from having nurses wanting and needing to do everything to now the nurses are hands off except to make her mad.

I have decided Lucy has flip flopped her days and nights and I was up basically all night. She wasn't crabby - she just didn't want to chill in the crib.

Nursing has slowly begun - when she is awake, it goes really well. When she is sleeping - a tornado couldn't wake her up!

She did have her other fetal echo today and the team of doctors are working on her plan. I will let everyone know when we know.

I'm preparing for another night ahead of me - keep your fingers crossed that I maybe get an hour of sleep! Everything is heading in the right direction! Right now two main things:

1. Get the plan of attack from the heart doctors team

2. Get nursing up to full speed so they can remove her feeding tube!