Monday, March 30, 2020

Week 2 Summary with a Birthday

I think everyone is getting used to being home...we are all getting a little stir crazy... Wearing comfy clothes 24/7 is a perk and not having to do my hair is nice, but I also feel like I'm in the twilight zone. Get up, get ready for video calls, start kids doing homework, work, get constantly interrupted by kids doing their homework, work, play the game of what's for lunch, work, break up the 10th fight between the girls, work, let Remy out for the 20th time, work and then play what's for dinner. Anyone else feel the same?

It was my big 40th birthday on Saturday. Sad it wasn't the original plan of Val coming down, throwing a party and really celebrating. We did the best we could. The neighbors came over for one toast in our driveway, but the rain didn't help.


We have been trying to do more facetimes/zooms with friends and family - which is nice to be able to talk and see them.



Lucy has 3 Zoom meetings a week for intervention services. It's nice that she can still be working on her speech and reading.


 This quarantine has increased this...a tad bit... I think its boredom...and trying not to kill my family...



The weather is still not that great, but I'm hoping it turns for the better soon. I try to send the kids out as much as possible. Plus it gives me a break from the constant - I need something...


 Did I mention this has increased....


I went upstairs to find Chris working like this... whatever you need to make you feel like you are at the office. Nice legs...


This was Remy after he destroyed our bed with running laps...



It WAS a good week - we FINALLY got our new dishwasher AND our new stove. We had them basically just drop them off to limit exposure and then Chris actually installed them himself! They are super nice and I'm so happy not to be doing dishes and trying to creatively cook dinner!


It has been interesting trying to work while Lucy and Heidi do school or Lucy does her "pretend mode"... you can only imagine...


We played Toy Story Monopoly for my birthday. Chris says I was ruthless and wiped the board... I mean... this is real life - they need to learn! hahaha


 It was ok weather yesterday but took a nice long walk, which felt great.


And week 3 has begun... Remy was helping Lucy do her homework by licking her feet. Gross.


Oh yeah - Remy turned one last week too!


I gave Val an early birthday present of a pillow of my face. She had fun this weekend with it. We did a workout, I was on a family call, we golfed and she even sang me happy birthday. It was very creative and fun.