Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Das Bier

Aww yes - it has finally happened - I have had my first beer and it was fantastic. We went to the Summer's Art Festival this weekend with some friends and ended up at Old Chicago downtown with a nice cold Boulevard beer in front of me. I didn't drink the whole thing - I'm not big on beer and I let it get too warm - but don't worry - Chris took one for the team and finished it for me.

What else... Aunt Carmen from Cali came and visited Heidi which was fun. She is here for most of July too, so we're hoping to see her again.


The boys are adjusting to baby Heidi - they now lay by her and go up and sniff her and I'm trying to teach them the word Heidi. I know, I know, sounds silly - but Taco does have the ability to get certain toys based on what I say - if I say - go get your squirrel - he'll bring back the squirrel toy - and if you say where is dad - they go find Chris - so I'm hoping it will work the same with Heidi.

I need to scan this picture of me as a baby - I have the same outfit on and am in the same position. The outfit is from my Aunt Kathy and the booties are handmade from my Grandma's sister (on my mom's side) - so it was fun to take the same picture - now I just need to find a scanner...