Monday, July 21, 2008

Time for daddy daycare!

Times Up - I'm back at work. I have mixed emotions about the whole thing - on one side - I'm not cut out to be at home all day - I was slowly was going nuts. On the other side - I hate leaving Heidi during the day. But I'm actually glad to be back at work - I really do love my job and my boss is letting me "ease" into work by letting me go just a wee bit early at night - which really does help. Sometimes I think I'm super woman and don't need any special treatment - but in reality - I do need to take it slow! It's a little tricky making sure I'm set to go to work in the mornings and making sure Heidi is taken care of too - let alone the house, the dogs, Chris, laundry, grocery shopping, eating right and whatever else we have on our plates!

This week Chris is staying home with her all week to help my transition and I think it really is helping! He is doing a fantastic job and I think he actually likes being a stay at home dad. Now if I could only make a ton of money for him to stay home - hmmm - is it too late for a singing career? What about a movie star?
Next week its daycare - so I'm sure that will bring on a whole new set of emotions - mainly worry - but she is only going in daycare for four days and the every other Monday is going to be either Chris or Grandma G, plus our daycare is literally right across the street from us, our driveways match up and they are a wonderful family, so all should be good.

So this week - its daddy daycare. He is elbows deep in diapers, milk and house work. He even went grocery shopping during the day with all the other stay at home moms and retired peps. I can just see him now with Heidi strapped to him in the Baby Bjorn and gossiping with the neighbor ladies - his dream job. All is good in the Gonzales house!